Wednesday 1 April 2009

A view of South Anchorage....

This is the view of South Anchorage from the hill side. If you click on the picture it will enlarge.

Some of the things that can be seen:

Service High School is just above center. It is surrounded by trees. Moose and bear have been spotted on campus from time to time.

above the school you will notice a white dome shaped structure. That is called The Dome. It is an indoor sport complex. It has an indoor batting cage, a running track, and indoor soccer fields. It also has a spectator area and a snack bar.

above the Dome is the Ted Stevens International Airport.

Up toward the top of the photo is the Cook Inlet. If you follow the land to the left you will see a bump of land sticking out. That is a bit of the Kenai Peninsula.

4 comments:

  1. It’s a beautiful view. In the fall it must be incredible to see the same view!!
    I love how its all so heavily wooded still; most places in Canada and the US (as far as I know) have been de-forested so heavily that its rare to see a place looking so natural.
    Thanks for sharing it.

    -Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbie,
    This is one of my favorite spots to view South Anchorage from. :) After living here I think that I would have such a hard time going back to a city of concrete.

    Joni Cleary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet! It would be quite the make-out point heehee :-) The big cities would be horrible for you...even I dislike them. Nature and living in the country is where it’s at, for us anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Figures it would be you that would point that out!! LOL :) I've never been a big city girl. I would probably go nuts!! Trust me, that's a short walk for me!!! ROTFL

    ReplyDelete